Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Up Up and Away

On Friday David took me for a ride in a hot air balloon in Park City. Are you jealous??? I thought so :) I got up at 4 (not easy for someone who's not a morning person) because we needed to be in Park City around 6. Dave was telling me for about a week and half that he had a surprise lined up. I must admit, I wasn't disappointed :) I had never been in a balloon before, so I was pretty excited.
Blowing up the balloon.

There were some other hot air balloons in the sky, but they were pretty lame. They didn't go nearly as high as we did. I'm glad I wasn't in one of those :)

If you look in the upper right hand corner, you can see our van. That's also where we took off.

There was a lot of haze in the air due to all the forest fires in the area.

The Uintas clouded in smoke.

So this is what it comes down to. David is awesome, and so is hot air ballooning. And I want one...

Not related to hot air ballooning: Michelle, Hailee, and I had to move out of our apartment because our contracts were up. While we were packing, Michelle came across all of her fun stuff from her three month stay in New Zealand. She misses NZ tons, so it made her a little sad when she had to go through it all. We decided that in order to cheer her up, we should play dress up :) It worked great I might add.

Mish and me in our NZ garb. The NZ islands are on our shirts in case you were wondering. We're also eating Tim Tam's ( the best cookies ever!). If anyone offers you a Tim Tam slam, do yourself a favor, do not object!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

That sounds pretty sweet and I have to admit. . . I am a little jealous. Okay, a lot jealous.

Andrea said...

It's still hard to believe how big those balloon baskets must be if you had 12 people in there. Wow!

Jeff and Lindsay said...

Ash, wow! That is an amazing once in lifetime kind of experience...good for you. This Dave guy seems alright! Haha. "Take Luck" with this next semester. Loves Ya.
Lindz
PS Take luck is Brian Regan's mess up of Take Care and Good Luck. A funny video I'm sure you have seen.

Michelle said...

Alls I'm saying is I'm happy we were able to play dress up! Thanks for going to New Zealand with me!