Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sometimes Facebook Bugs Me

While I love Facebook just as much as the next person, sometimes I just have to roll my eyes at the things people post.

Number one pet peeve: Those stupid status updates that say things like, "If you've ever put a band-aid on a scraped up knee or kissed a boo-boo. If you've ever taught your daughter to ride her bike or held her when she cried, post this as your status." Or, "If you have a dad who has always been there for you, who taught you how to throw a ball, or change the oil in your car, post this as your status to show him publicly that you love him." Come on people! Really? I tell my dad I love him every time I see him or talk to him. Do I really need to prove my love for my dad through FB? I think not. Especially since my dad isn't even on Facebook. And those posts about your daughter? She's probably not even old enough to read!

Number two pet peeve: I don't need status updates on your kids. I really don't want to hear about them blowing chunks or their snotty noses. If you post things like this on a regular basis, I've most likely blocked your updates from showing up on my news feed. If you want to post something about your kids, it better be awesome.

Number three pet peeve: The "I am sooooo blessed" status updates. You come off as braggy. I'm glad you love your husband and that your mom came over and helped you clean your house, but I don't want to hear about it on FB.

Number four pet peeve: Excessive religious posts (or anti-religious). You know what I'm talking about. I know church leaders encourage us to represent our religion, but I think you represent it in a bad way when you're constantly posting churchy things. I think it's best to teach people by your example, not shoving your beliefs down their throats. Non-members or less-active members think you're crazy. And I do too. But the same thing goes for people who are always spreading hate about religion.

Number five pet peeve: Political posts. Once again, you look like an idiot. I know you think everyone in Utah and Idaho have the same political views as you, but you're wrong. Believe it or not, I do NOT hang on every word Glenn Beck says. In fact, I think he is a complete moron. Burn me at the stake...

*Sheesh. This blog is turning into a complainathon. Sorry guys!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow Ash, you're a total hater.

JK. I agree with you on this (unless you were referring to me when I post about my kids). ;)

My favorite is this "friend" I have who is always using FB to bash (politically) and then she posted one of those yammering posts about how she's so respectful. I really, REALLY, wanted to comment and say, "yes, you respect people unless they are black, and are rumored to be Muslim. Go you."

Ashlee said...

Haha! Is this someone we both know?

And no, I wasn't talking about you posting about your kids, because your kids are awesome and hilarious. I'm just talking about the mundane, everyday things. I have a friend who posts ONLY about her kids. And they're not even cool updates! It's always about how her kids are sick or how they all got sunburns that day or how they are running around the house being crazy. These are things I just don't care about.

Lindsay said...

I need a happy Ashlee post. Please. What's new, I want to see a pic of you car.

mommafriz said...

You are mean...poor Glen what did he ever do to you?...I know your daddy tried to raise you up to be a "good republican" so be one...vote Palin in 2012

Hilary said...

I have a friend who updates her photo every single day. She's really in to herself. She's into herself lying on a bed with her hair sprawled out, or with a ray of sunshine across her face as she looks away, or in a dramatically treated photo with selective color. And did I mention she takes these all herself? I need to show you sometime, it's out of control.