Monday, February 04, 2008

Is it over yet?

Ok, so I don't think I've ever seen so much snow in my life. As a kid I loved the snow. I think that was only because it meant that there was a chance that school would be canceled, but now that I'm in college, there is a slim to none chance that that will ever happen again. I wore khaki pants today (bad idea). I didn't think about the fact that Rexburg is still in the dark ages and they use that amazing red rock on all the roads and sidewalks. This is not a good thing when you're walking between classes all day. Now my pants are a nice brownish/red about six inches up the legs. Is that awesome or what? Plus, I got stuck twice today in the pick-up and nice strangers had to push me out both times. It's pretty embarrassing... All I can say is that when I finally have a decent income I'm getting a Subaru. I think all this snow puts me in a bad mood. I am definitely ready for the summer, no question about it. Maybe when I graduate I'll move somewhere where it's warm year round... Jared and Jenni, are you looking for a roommate? ;) Haha, just kidding... but seriously.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

but seriously. haha!

I feel like a grumpy pants about snow, too! The only time I've had fun in it is when we went sledding. Otherwise it just gives me anxiety when I drive or blows down my neck and I have to shovel it off our driveway. Getting stuck in your own driveway sucks big time. And trust me, if the snow only had regular dirt in it, it would still get onto your khakis. I know this to be true.

Luckily I haven't eatin it on the ice...*knock on wood*

Jenni said...

Roommate, probably not. But you could be our neighbor. I can testify to the fact that snow is much more enjoyable when it's not part of your normal life. You should get a break soon, though. We've had beautiful sunshine here in California for the past couple days, so we're not sending any storms your way - yet.

Andrea said...

That's a pretty picture, in spite of the yuck it's causing.

Yeah, what's the deal with that red rock? I had a presentation one day, and I borrowed a neighbor's nice suit dress. I was very stupid and wore it on the walk to campus. Lovely red splatters got all over the skirt. Grrr. At least after I had it dry cleaned it came out.