Saturday, April 20, 2013

Oh, Dove

A few days ago, I noticed a video made by Dove circulating around Facebook regarding how women view themselves. While it gives women warm-fuzzies to hear they're more beautiful than they think, it's also important to note that the company promoting this campaign is the same company that sells Axe body spray. You know, the commercials that show runway models tripping over themselves to get to a nerdy guy who is wearing a body spray that's way too overpowering and would give any normal human being a migraine. So, I never actually watched the Dove video. But then one of my friends posted the Dove Experiment parodied by men, and I instantly knew it would be awesome. And it was. So here it is.


After watching this, I finally watched the real video made by dove. I would like to point out that after listening to a podcast a few weeks ago about police sketch artists, I learned they are only 9% accurate. So there's that. 

*Disclaimer* While I think the Dove video is pretty pathetic, I should point out that I love Dove soap. In fact, it's in my shower right now. It's quite lovely.

No comments: