Thursday, April 11, 2013

Scary Mary

My parents came for a visit last week and left yesterday. It was a lot of fun having them here, but now I'm worn out and could probably sleep for a year (I love hyperbole). I don't think Dave would appreciate that though. I took my mom and dad to Old Town Albuquerque to check out the old buildings and shops.



I found this creepy thing carved into a dead tree behind a church. I like to call it Scary Mary. I don't know if the person who carved it was actually trying to portray Mary, but it was at a Catholic church, and it was definitely a woman, so that's my best guess. There were pigeons roosting all over the tree, and the little guy on the crown didn't seem too concerned about how close I was.

Speaking of Scary Mary. Please enjoy the following video. You'll never think of Mary Poppins the same way ever again. She'll haunt your dreams.


No comments: