Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Back to the Burg

Hello all! So I'm back from New York and came through unscathed! It was an awesome experience and so much fun. NYC is the craziest place on earth I've decided. Crazy drivers, crazy subways, crazy people... I could go on. There was so much to do it was almost overwhelming. We went to tons of different galleries and museums. My favorite was the Metropolitan, it was awesome! So much to see, and I know I probably only saw about a 1/3 of what was there. The place is huge. We also had the opportunity to go to a commercial photographer's studio and see how she works. That was a great experience. The last full day of the trip we went to the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, and China Town. Now I thought Manhattan was nuts, but it doesn't even compare to China Town. Vendors get up in your face trying to sell you their fake brand name merchandise. I'm not gonna lie, bartering was pretty fun. Although I don't think I'm very good at it. I realized that most New Yorkers are very rude. We met a couple of very nice people, but for the most part the people were very pushy and inconsiderate. I'll have to tell you all the stories later, but I guess that's one reason why I don't mind living in a small town. Most people are usually considerate of how they treat others. Very unlike New Yorkers. I think that was really the only part of the trip I didn't like. Well that, and the fact that we had the most annoying guy on the face of the planet in our group. If you don't believe me you can just ask Jared, he'll vouch for me. I'm still kind of recovering from the time change and trying to catch up on a weeks worth of homework, which is about as exciting as it sounds ;)

If you want to check out some of the photos I took, you can see them on my Facebook page. Here is the link. http://byui.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2078701&page=1&id=193309479

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Cool pictures. Glad you made it back. You didn't mention going to Martha Stewart's show. You're mom said you went to that. I was soooo jealous. I mean, of all the great shows in NYC, you got to go to the BEST one. ;)

Hilary said...

I think my sister might beat you up if you keep dissin her.

NOT.

She'd probably agree with you. In the last couple weeks there have been 3 attacks on people in her neighborhood. Scary! So yeah, I'm glad you're in Rexburg too!

You need to post a picture of that annoying guy. And draw on his face first.

Ashlee said...

Ug! My Mom doesn't know what she's talking about. I told her about three times what we were doing and apparently she still didn't get it. We didn't go to the Martha Stewart show. We were invited to go her design center. I didn't end up going because at the last minute we were invited to go to a photographer's studio so I chose to do that instead. I did go to STOMP though. I forgot to mention that. That was pretty awesome too.

Hilary said...

hahahahahahaa!!!