Sunday, February 06, 2011

Day 04- List 15 songs that represent your life’s soundtrack

1. Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
This is the first song I can remember loving. I was probably 3 or 4, but I can remember singing it in the car with my mom and dad. I was surprised to find out what it really meant when I was older :)

2. The Sign - Ace of Base
One of my brothers had this song on tape, and I would listen to it over and over while I roller-skated in the garage.

3. Down On the Corner - CCR
Another song I can remember singing with my dad when I was growing up. We had the opportunity to do a guitar duet at the nursing home a couple of years ago, and we sang this song. You can't go wrong with a little CCR.

4. Needs - Collective Soul
Jared introduced me to this song. It was pretty much life changing :) I've loved Collective Soul ever since. My friends and I played this in Guitar's Unplugged a few years ago.

5. Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung
Just an all around great tune I've listened to countless times.

6. None of Your Business - Salt-N-Pepa
My soccer team and I would listen to this song all the time on our way to games. We'd roll down the windows and belt it out like fools. We were fools.

7. Colors - Amos Lee
I first heard this in the movie "Just Like Heaven." It's kind of sad, but really good at the same time.

8. Landslide - Stevie Nicks
Okay, so Stevie Nicks doesn't have the greatest voice on earth, but this song is pretty dang awesome in my book. I don't have any specific memories regarding this one, but I've always liked it.

9. Come Home Soon - SHeDAISY
Lindsay, Hailee, and I would always sing this. It's such a good one. I never get tired of it.

10. Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper
Who wouldn't like this song? Only commies.

11. No One - Alicia Keys
I can honestly say that I don't particularly love this one, but my roommates and I would always sing it at dance parties, so the memories are worth it :)

12. One Day Like This - Elbow
Another song Jared introduced me to. I've listened to it on repeat for hours at a time.

13. Takes So Long - The Weepies
I heart The Weepies, and I heart this song.

14. If It's Love - Train
Train is one of my favorite bands ever, and this is a great upbeat song.

15. Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
No specific memories on this one, I've just always loved it.

5 comments:

mommafriz said...

Thanks
Ash,gals you are doing this, it gives me something to look forward to every day... you did not list any of the songs we sang together for AJ & Jared...does that mean you only did it to be mean?

mommafriz said...

sorry should have read glad you are doing this

Andrea said...

Please tell me that Matt was the brother with the The Sign on tape, because he just made fun of me for having that on my list, and I need to let him have it if he had it on tape. :)

Jared said...

This reminds me... there's some stuff from Embrace and Travis that I think you'd really like.

Matt said...

Definitely wasn't me with the Ace of Base tape. Probably AJ, he likes that kind of music.